Local Government - FAQ

Q - How many bags of garbage are allowed weekly?
A - Each household is allowed 2 bags of garbage per week and 3 bags of yard waste, unless garbage bag stickers are purchased and placed on the additional bag(s).  An unlimited amount of recyclable waste is allowed.
Q - Where do I purchase extra garbage bag stickers?
A - Extra garbage bag stickers can be purchased for $2.00/sticker at the Town Office, Stonewall Market Place, Stonewall Family Foods.
Q - What is the cost of a tax certificate?
A - A tax certificate is $30.00. 
Q - What is the population of the Town of Stonewall?
A - As per the last census in 2016, the population of Stonewall is 4,809.
Q - What is the name and number for the Animal Control Officer?
A - Justin Sowa is the Animal Control Officer, his phone number is 204-461-0549 .
Q - What are the office hours for the Town of Stonewall?
A - The Town of Stonewall Office is open from 8:30am to 4:30pm from Monday to Friday.

 Q - How/who do I contact for renting the Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre at Stonewall Quarry Park?
A - Contact the Quarry Park Heritage Arts Centre Reception desk @ 204-467-7980.
Q - Can I have a fire pit in my yard?
A - Recreational burning is permitted within the Town of Stonewall but no person should dispose of waste by means of open burning in the Town of Stonewall.  Please refer to by-law 41/94.
Q - Who do I contact to rent ice at the Veteran's Memorial Sports Complex?
A - Contact Denis Woods @ 204-461-2424.
Q - How do I find out the age of my house?
A - Contact the Assessment branch, the Selkirk location is 204-785-5092.
Q - Does the Town accept Interac and Credit Card?
 A - The Town does accept Interac, cash, cheque and online banking but does not accept credit card.
Q - What is the telephone number for the Works & Ops shop?
A - The number for the Works & Ops shop is 204-467-7990.
Q - Ho do I find information about the Rockwood Transfer Station?
A -Contact the RM of Rockwood @ 204-467-2272.  The Winfield Road Waste Transfer Station is closed  Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  It is open Wednesday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm.
Q - How do I report a street light that is not working?
A - A street light that is not working can be reported on MB Hydro's website, http://www.hydro.mb.ca/customer_services/your_account/street_light_report.html?WT.mc_id=2006
or by calling MB Hydro @ 1-888-MBHYDRO.
Q - What day will my garbage be picked up?
A - All residents EAST of 5th St W will be collected on Tuesdays, residents WEST of 5th St W will be collected on Wednesdays.
Q - I'm thinking about paving/modifying/reconstructing my driveway or creating a new one. What do I need to know?
 A - Please consult the Town's Driveway Bylaw 20/12: http://www.stonewall.ca/docs/BL20-12DrivewayBL-asamended.doc.
Q - I would like to construct a(n) __________. Do I need a permit?
 A - Please contact the South Interlake Planning District at 204-467-5587.